Sunday, March 8, 2009

Success!


Wow. Holy shit, that only took forever. HTML is definitely sleeping on the couch tonight. So after I was about ready to give up on trying to share my musical views of the world with you, this handy little audio player decides to start working, great.

So, one of my more recent obsessions is a genre called underground hip hop/90s hip hop/jazz rap. I guess you could say the genre started around 1990 or so, with peak innovation around 1994 IMO. I was jump started into listening to this genre with a group called A Tribe Called Quest, which fanned out to other groups such as De La Soul, The Pharcyde, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Digable Planets, Main Source, Black Sheep, Camp Lo, Black Moon, INI, Lords of the Underground, Hieroglyphics, Organized Konfusion...the list is very long, but these are just some of my favorites. This kind of hip hop has faded out since, but a few groups like Lupe Fiasco (He's the one who put out Superstar ft. Matthew Santos, which you hear at every party) and People Under the Stairs (PUTS) continue to produce fresh beats. PUTS is a group I just discovered a couple weeks ago, so lay back, relax, enjoy one of my favorites by them.

People Under the Stairs - LA9X

No comments:

Post a Comment